Careers > Business Development Specialist
Business Development Specialist
Location: Remote / Telecommunte
Who We Are
We are a small team of creative, developer, serial entrepreneur types and we want you to join us in saving the world of retail one pop-up shop at a time. Founded in 2017, Popable™ is a Houston based tech start-up that acts as a “match.com” between brands and spaces so they can find, vet, and put on pop-up shops with one another. Read about us in Retail Wire, Paper City, or Houstonia.
Who You Are
Given we’re a tech start-up, you should be fluent in internet technologies. Taking on live chats from the website, communicating with the team via Slack, making minor edits in WordPress, knowledge on how to prospect via Instagram and social media, and experience with high level CRM management (bonus points for HubSpot) are all good indicators that you’re a good fit for the role. You don’t need to be a coder, but if your response to HTML is FML, this might not be the job for you.
Due to the nature of our business, you will be calling on landlords and leasing agents on the regular. You should be EXCITED to be getting in on the ground floor of a start-up and know you are paving the way not just for Popable™ but for your own respective careers, and the advancement of hundreds of thousands of peoples dreams carving their path into retail.
Sales & Service Driven
At the end of the day, this is a sales and client support role and someone who is dynamic, has the ability to get in front of decision makers, and is comfortable presenting in front of people is ultimately the best candidate for the position.
For the right candidate, we’re offering equity plus a competitive base salary against commissioned sales. It goes without saying this candidate should also be highly self-motivated, tenacious, competitive, and possess good oral and written skills. You should have a demonstrated track record of success in developing, prioritizing, and managing integrated, multi-channel ROI-oriented communications strategies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO ALL DAY
- Identify, communicate with, and secure commercial real estate firms so they list their vacant spaces on Popable™.
- Identify, communicate with, and secure brands so they create an account and initial listing on Popable™.
- Develop and nurture long-term trust relationships with incumbent brands and spaces already on the website.
- Manage on-boarding of brand and spaces through all aspects of the sales process; market research, prospecting, target client development, cold/warm calling, scheduling meetings, client demo presentations, gathering requirements, creating value and managing customer expectations while driving results.
- Identify and qualify new brands and spaces by understanding their business and making a compelling case for listing on our website.
- Attend and canvas flea markets, pop-up shop markets, trade shows and other weekday/end events to meet new brands to sign up.
- Maintain and update prospect/sign up activity regularly in HubSpot.
- Open to Travel for corporate meetings, tradeshow events, etc as needed.